I've been channeling most of this sort of energy into cooking, but last week I ordered art supplies. Real, honest to goodness art supplies like canvas panels and acrylic paints.*
And with these art supplies, I am making a giraffe triptych for JWR. At least, it's for JWR if it turns out. Otherwise, it is a 30 dollar stress-reliever. It is modeled on a piece of artwork from Mad Men, except that it is not the 1960s, I have no hardwood or burlap, and I'm not really into tiki-art except for this one thing.
Anyway. It's several days from being completed, but here are some first glimpses.
![]() |
| Panel 3: Giraffe right. |
![]() |
| Outlined |
![]() |
| Panel 3: Giraffe finished |
![]() |
| Panel 2: Canvas Template |
Notes:
* Okay, acrylic paint. One color. Burnt Umber. And I accidentally bought a lot of it, because I apparently don't understand volume measurements or how to use paint.




No comments:
Post a Comment