A few weeks ago I was offered the opportunity to house-sit for my former academic advisor and her husband in her house on Lake Washington in Seattle. This offer was for a three week gig, involved a hot tub and a view, and the best part was that they would pay me to live in their digs for this period.
So now I have entered into what I have decided to call my "Washington Riviera" phase of the summer, wherein I live in a three-story home with picture windows, sleep in, drink coffee, and look out over the world from a balcony. It's very much like being on a real vacation. I have yet to go out and do anything, but I am prepped for getting important work done and have the time to peruse the housing market in the Bronx--a task I had been neglecting in the end-of-the-year muddle and during the quest for the Whale.
This means that I will perhaps have very little to announce for a bit. If all is quiet on the Western front, know that it is because I am watching On-Demand television or napping in a giant love-seat, in the most positively relaxed manner one can imagine.
I am thus cocooning myself in luxury (or what seems to be luxury to a poor, poor person like myself) in preparation for the weeks, months, and years ahead. Those years will have no cable TV, and no hot tubs or balconies, though I may be lucky enough to have a fire escape that I can access.
No comments:
Post a Comment