15 August 2010

Charge!

Ladies and Gentlemen:

It is the day of reckoning. In a mere hour or so, my parents will arrive to see Em and I off. G-face will come by for the last of the things I'm giving her. My landlord will be by for my walkthrough and the relinquishing of the keys.

There have been many surprises in these last couple of days; Thursday, Em and I had lunch with an old friend, SJS, and proceeded to destroy the corner section of my old couch in lieu of curbing it. There is nothing like demolishing a once-expensive piece of furniture with your hands, a couple hammers, and a fishing knife. One could call it "refreshing"; "exhilarating"; "cathartic"*

Thursday night, "dinner" at G-face's turned into "Unicorn Surprise Party" and led to Karaoke at the Galaxy (where my friends, and some strangers, serenaded me) and dancing at Rotture for Soul Night. We were, essentially, the only ones there

Friday, many others came out to see me off at the Goodfoot, and yesterday I spent playing van-tetris, eating grilled fake-cheese at the Bye and Bye, and seeing MG and MR for the last time in a while.

There will be photos and more later. For now, it's off to the races.

Notes:
* Not actually, though, unless you're taking some rather broad liberties.

No comments:

Post a Comment