07 August 2010

Countdown: T- 8 Days

My apartment is largely packed, save the kitchen and bathroom, and the spare pieces of furniture to be taken/sold/saved. There is little remaining, in the scheme of things.

This bodes well for the arrival of my copilot Em, who flies in this evening.

I originally had a pretty long list of potential copilots, some of whom only had potential in my head. The BFF in San Francisco was the first to hop on the bandwagon, but she has a full time job and certain "responsibilities" like being an "adult". MG hates long car rides (and potentially enclosed spaces), so the look of pain on his face when I told him my plan was an immediate disqualification. G-Face and The Best Friend in Olympia were both excellent choices, and would have suited me well.

But Em won, in part because I hadn't seen her in a year and a half and in part because she volunteered to fly herself out. My excitement knows no bounds. We shall wreak havoc upon the land, in the very best of ways.

How do I know? Because Em and I, when we get together, do things like saran wrap Volkswagen Beetles shut. We enter friend's houses under shrouds of darkness and take wall art. We go to bars inhabited by exclusively people over the age of 70, and order cocktails and rice pilaf. We make stop-motion lego and play-doh films. The list goes on, but I think I will allow a photo or two to suffice for now:


And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment