It has been an interesting journey so far. We have but a couple hours left to drive tomorrow, into the Bronx, which means that we have gone coast to coast in five days. Let me break it down for you:
Sunday, Day 1: Two states (Oregon, Idaho), 430 miles.
Monday, Day 2: Four States (Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska), 834 miles.
Tuesday, Day 3: One state (Nebraska), 397 miles.
Wednesday, Day 4: Six states (Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky), 697 miles.
Thursday, Day 5: Five states (Kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania), 749 miles.
The best states have been Kentucky and West Virginia, by far (though I do love Utah for its west-y feel).
Tomorrow. I unload my life from the White Whale into the apartment. Hopefully I will have internet again soon. In honor of today's journey, however, I have at least the following:
| West Virginia, before it got beautiful. |
| Sticking my head out the window like a happy puppy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment