It has been a bit since I recorded anything about the process; this is in part because I haven't actually stopped to breathe since getting into Portland,* but rest assured that I have met with Lady Progress, and she and I have been in conference.
My apartment is slowly getting boxed up (less slowly today, as I had a full nights sleep last night and a shower this morning, so felt full of vim and vigor), and this is leading me to feel quite satisfied with the economy of my lifestyle. I don't have too much random junk lying around: I can either elaborate on the sentimental value of a given shred of paper, or it has utilitarian value.
This is all true, except for the glitter.¹
Since beginning this whole endeavor, I have been discovering glitter in the strangest of places; sometimes, I'll open a bag and a pile will fall out. Sometimes, it's all over a cabinet. In any case, it is now all over my carpet and floors, which means that it tends to be all over me and any unfortunate soul who ventures into my home.
I shouldn't be surprised, I suppose, since I have been known to use glitter for crafts (and to spread joy) but if I discover glitter in my nose and ears again, I'm going to start wondering if I have a sleepwalking habit that causes me to get up, find a jar of glitter (where I'm finding them in this scenario is beyond me), and shake it over myself. This is not a rational action, nor is it one I have recollection of.
I'm also hoping that "glitter in the carpet" is not something considered "beyond reasonable wear and tear" in my lease. The vacuum has no chance of collecting it all.
There are no other amusing anecdotes from boxing up my life as yet, but I am sure more will develop.
Departure is T-10 days. Co-Pilot Arrives in T-2 days. More soon.
Notes:
* Although this is a slight dip into hyperbole, it is no exaggeration to say that I have been burning the candle at both ends and using the match to melt the middle a little bit.
¹ Okay, okay. The glitter and the apparently dozens of wine and champagne corks. It would seem, though I drink neither of these things with frequency, that I have decided to inadvertently save all the celebratory cork-evidence. I have had a lot to celebrate this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment